3.4.09

Watch Your Tone

I've started taking Vietnamese lessons. There's something like 3 different a's, 2 e's, 3 o's, 2 u's, along with 5 different tones (up, down, short, and the other 2 I can't even explain). All are equally difficult to say (and some are so similar I can't even hear the difference), and of course each word means something completely different if you say it wrong. My teacher is pleasantly suprised everytime I manage to say something correctly (and she also likes to laugh whenever something's said wrong). I'm thinking it's probably gonna be a while before I've reached fluency.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are a quick learner and with the surroundings reinforcing the language, my friend you will be Pho King good! Reach me to teach me..Audi 5000G

[ said...

Is this Scotty J?? Well, thanks man. I hope you're right. Sure would make some things a bit easier around here. I will teach you everything I know. ;)

Post a Comment